Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spin class!

Woke up at 5am (what an ungodly hour) to go to spin class at the local gym at 5:30am.  Although markedly out of shape from my high of 5 years ago, I was able to make it through the class, barely.  Mona, the instructor, was sympathetic, but gave me encouragement as I had not quit though I wanted to.  She said she expected to see me next week, and I promised to make it a habit!

This morning's smoothie was pretty basic, and used the last of my swiss chard, and the last of my almond milk. Luckily, I still have a box of hemp! milk, and some dino kale from the Farmer's market.

4 c swiss chard
300 ml almond milk
1 apple, cored and sliced
2 honey dates
2 scoops Aria protein powder

Blend till smooth.  What a refreshing post workout smoothie!  A new thing I'm doing now is that when I clean my blender & morning glass, I save the rinse water and use it to water my roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment