Sunday, March 3, 2013

My first Blendtec smoothie...

I picked up my new-to-me Blendtec yesterday, and I made my first green smoothie with it this morning.

1 c almond milk
2 c green spinach
1 c parsley
1 c pineapple
1 banana

2 scoops protein powder

Placed all in the Blendtec in *that* precise order, and the Blender jar looked pretty full to me.  Then pressed the smoothie button -- and boom, off to the races it went.  At first it didn't do much, but then it started working its magic.  40 seconds later, I had a wonderfully smooth smoothie!   I didn't get this result after 10 minutes of frustrated blending with the old Black and Decker, and FORGET about the Ninja.  I can totally see this shaving off a good portion of my morning routine.  Also, because it did a better job blending, the end result didn't have as much volume as the past smoothies I've logged here.

Taste notes: I do not really care for bananas as a base for smoothies, they seem to leave a chalky taste that I just do not get with my apple-based smoothies.  I can't really taste the pineapple, even though I tasted a pineapple chunk and it was plenty sweet.  Definitely am tasting the parsley though, which I love, though may be an acquired taste for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment