Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reflections, or how I became besties with my blender

Been gluten free since Valentine's Day, and (mostly) grain/sugar free since though it is hard for a Filipina to give up her rice.  I've evolved my diet to a mostly plant-based, pastured meat diet. People have started to notice that I am looking better. I have lost a pants size even though I haven't lost weight.  My skin has a nifty glow that I've only ever achieved after a skin peel.  I feel less inflammation in my joints.  I am consuming more fruit and vegetables than I ever have in my entire life, and I am no longer constipated when I go do my business in the bathroom.  I have spent more money than a girl should on a kitchen appliances, which I think of it as an investment into my health and therefore worth every penny.  

I'm resolving to go to more farmer's markets to pick up fresh produce every week, and am determined to finish all my veg before they spoil in the fridge.

Kale is my new favorite vegetable.
Spinach is a close second.

I can't help think of Dr Jillian from Britain's "You are what you eat" and wonder what she would think of what I'm doing to myself.

I wonder what my blood work will show after Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment